Green Mussel Peanut Sauce Stir Fry

>> November 02, 2010

I shopped for green mussel but I don't know what to do with it. My mom used to make clams soup for us and it was super easy. She just used shallots, garlic and chili peppers. The result was very good thou because of clams broth itself is so succulent. Here I am having a green mussel and collard green which are sitting in the fridge and don't know what to do with it. I'd like to make something different with combining those two ingredients. Last time I ate green mussel and I got a very bad headache afterward. That was in Indonesia 2 years ago. Either green mussel was contaminated or I just ate it too much. At that moment I was craved for seafood so badly and here I am at my friend's house and she served me a big platter of green mussel stir fry. I just devouring that green mussel like a truly rabid and later got a very bad headache. Oh well, that's the lesson, just take it easy girl! After ate green mussels from this recipe, I didn't have any headache and I used peanut sauce as a basic taste, pretty different from the other seafood recipe. Let's check my recipe:



Ingredients:
12 green mussels, brushed and cleaned
7 collard green leaves, discard the tough stem and boil it until it blanched and chop thinly
1/2 medium cooking onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
5 red Thai chili peppers, cut into angle
1/2 medium tomato, cut into wedges
2 tbs of sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
2 tsp of sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs lemon juice obtained from lemon squeezed
2 cups of water
1 tbs olive oil for sauteing
A handful of coriander leaves, chopped thinly

Direction:
Saute the cooking onion, minced garlic, red Thai chili peppers and tomato until fragrant.
Add water, green mussel, sweet soy sauce, homemade peanut sauce, lemon juice, sugar and salt. Let it boiled.
Add collard green and stir it evenly. Cook for another 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP