Easy Chocolate Cake

>> November 02, 2010

Chocolate cake is one of my favorite cake beside cheese cake, sponge cake and brownies. The only pie that I can eat is pecan pie. I don't mind with pumpkin pie but not overdose. I got this easy chocolate cake from CBC TV show calls Best Recipe Ever. I love that show since the host, Kary Osmond always come up with an easy recipe yet creative. Her recipe is from Canadian Living's renowned recipe library. Every time I try that recipe, it always work and have a good result. For this chocolate cake recipe, she calls for cider vinegar and I don't have any in my pantry. Instead I substituted with white vinegar and mango juice. The result, still good...just beyond anything! Here, check the recipe:



Ingredients:
3 cups whole wheat flour (the original recipe calls for regular all purpose flour)
3 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups cold coffee or water
1 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbs cider vinegar (I substituted with 1 1/2 tbs of white vinegar and 1 1/2 tbs of mango juice)

Direction:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the 13' x 9' baking pan.
In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
Whisk coffee, oil, vanilla extract, white vinegar and mango juice in a different bowl.
Mix together with the dry ingredients.
Bake for 20 minutes.

Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing
Ingredients:
6 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
1/3 cup confectioners sugar (icing sugar; gula halus)
1 cup whipping cream
3 bars of semi sweet chocolate (Baker's chocolate), melted

Direction:
Using the electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, icing sugar, whipping cream and chocolate for 2 minutes until smooth (with the lowest speed).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP