Banana Cupcake

>> October 28, 2010

I'm trying to gather some of my old recipes and pictures. This banana cupcake is my first baking experience. I think baking is as fun as cooking. The thing is I have to keep it away from my mind since I love sweet food  but I have to control my sugar consumption. My mom, my grandmother from my mom's side, both of my aunties (from my mom's side) and my grandfather from my dad's side had diabetes. So genetically I have diabetes carrier in my blood, that's why I have to be more careful with sugar. Since I found that the common sugar in here is corn sugar which is worse than any other sugar product, I have to really controlling my sugar intake. One time, I found one sweetener as sugar substitute calls Stevia. This kind of sweetener apparently has been widely used in Japan since 1970. I have never used this kind of sweetener for baking but I do use it for cooking. What I'm doing in baking is I usually reduce the amount of sugar by a half or a quarter. Baking once every week is fine for me since I don't like to buy bakery product in the store because they usually use chemical stuff and I found that the taste is not that great. Homemade bakery is the best. Banana cupcake is easy to make and it could be your alternative meal to start your day. I forgot where I got this recipe so I'm sorry about that. Whoever shared this recipe in the internet, thank you so much...


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (spponed and leveled)
3/4  cup of sugar
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas)
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Direction:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder,baking soda and salt.
Make a well in center flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla. Stir in incorporate flour mix (do not over mix or the muffin will be tough). Diving evenly, spoon batter into  muffin pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP