Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce (Sate Ayam)

>> October 05, 2010

It's been too many food pictures sitting in my folder ready to share in my blog, however I have been so busy lately and just couldn't do anything with my blog. Please accept my apologize for that! Couple days ago, my fellow food blogger kak Lidia posted Chicken Satay picture on her facebook. It made me drooling so the next day I went to the groceries store to buy one package of skinless boneless chicken thigh to make chicken satay as well. Some people like to use chicken breast instead. But for me I like chicken thigh more for this recipe. Just feel free to use  different chicken part which is you or your family's favorite.
So here it is the recipe of my chicken satay:

Ingredients:
To marinate the chicken you will need:
1 lbs skinless boneless chicken thigh, diced it
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbs of chicken oil derived from heating the chicken fat or skin  in a skillet
Skewers (soak in water for about an hour or more to avoid burning during BBQ-ing)






Dipping sauce during BBQ-ing or grilling:
3 tbs sweet soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tbs lemon juice

Peanut sauce:
100 gr peanuts, pan fry it until cooked
4 kaffir lime leaves,
50 gr palm sugar
3 cloves of garlic
5 red Thai chili peppers
1 tbs tamarind
1/2 cm kaemferia galanga (kencur)
2 tbs smooth peanut butter
2 tbs sweet soy sauce
1/2 - 1 cup of warm water

Direction:
Marinate the chicken at least for 20 minutes.
Arrange the cubed chicken in a skewers.
BBQ the chicken and in a half way, dip it into the dipping sauce both side evenly and put it back in a BBQ
While you BBQ-ing, you can grind all of the ingredients for peanut sauce
Serve it with sliced shallots and chopped chili peppers



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP