Zucchini Cake

>> October 08, 2010

Again I have a big zucchini sitting on my counter for so long, left over from the summer time. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of zucchini neither spaghetti squash, so I have to avoid buying that vegetables. I got zucchini from Damien's mom's garden, too bad if we just let it go to the compost pile. I have been looking around for the perfect zucchini cake's recipe and I found one which is worked perfectly for me. The recipe is from www.cooks.com. Simply I just reduced the amount of sugar by a quarter. Still sweet but it is not terribly sweet. For the frosting, I chose cream cheese frosting. I always have cream cheese in my fridge because it is  versatile. It is good for frosting, making cake, wonton or even worked good for sandwich.This zucchini cake is so moist (I guess it's because I used vegetable oil instead of butter) and tasted so perfect. I can't taste zucchini at all which is exactly what I want.

Here it is the recipe:


Ingredients:
2 cups of all purpose flour, I used the whole wheat one
1 cup vegetable oil
1 3/4 cups of white sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 cups of grated zucchini (it is derived from 1/2 medium-big sized zucchini)
1 cup walnuts

Cream cheese frosting:
1 3/4 cup confectioners/ icing sugar (gula halus)
250 gr cream cheese, room temperature
2 tbs milk
2 tbs butter

Direction:
Preheat the oven in 350 degrees F. 
Mix oil and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. 
Beating well after each addition, blend in vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder.
Add sifted dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternately with grated zucchini. Fold in chopped walnuts.
Batter will be a bit thin.
Pour into greased and floured pan, bake it for 350 degrees F for 50 minutes.

For the cream cheese frosting:
Beat together icing sugar, cream cheese, milk and butter until smooth and spread it on top of the zucchini cake.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP