Collard Green and Green Beans Stir Fry (Oseng-oseng collard green dan buncis)

>> September 13, 2010

Since I lived in a four seasons country, I haven't found a papaya leaf yet. I don't like papaya leaf when I was kid but when I lived by myself in Semarang, I really love to eat that stuff. Papaya leaf is very versatile. You can use it to tenderize the red meat by boil it together. Papaya leaf also helps you to improve your appetite. No kidding,  after you eat it, you want to get some more food to eat. So for anybody who has a goal to gain weight, papaya leaf is a good choice to try. Unfortunately I can't find papaya leaf in here so one day when I found collard green in a grocery store which has similar taste with papaya leaf, I was so happy. In fact, collard green is very nutritious as well. It has high source of vitamin C if we eat it raw, high in fiber and has potent anti-cancer properties. Pretty cool eh..Because of its texture is hard as broccoli leaf, so I decided to cook it, just to make a bit blanch. The taste is better than papaya leaf, not that bitter.


So the recipe is below:
Ingredients:
3 big collard green leaves
10 green beans, cut into angle
8 shrimps, peel off the skin
1/4 of medium size onion, sliced thinly
2 shallots, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
4 red Thai chillies, cut in angle
1 galangal, bruised it
1 bay leaf
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbs sweet soy sauce

Direction:
  1. Rinse the collard green leaves under the running water. Cut into medium size and boil it for about 10 minutes over medium heat. After it cooked, cut in thinly. Set aside.
  2. Sauté onion, shallots, garlic, chillies, galangal and bay leaf until fragrant. Add shrimps and green beans. Stir it evenly. Add collard green leaves, green beans, sweet soy sauce, salt and sugar.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP