Russian Salad

>> September 25, 2010

I still have a few beets left over from the summer picking garden and I just want to using it before it's getting bad. So I was thinking to make salad. After looked around in my book Super Salad, I found Russian Salad. I love beets...So here I am trying to make Russian Salad..

Ingredients:
5 beets, small until medium size
2 medium pickled cucumber, sliced it
1/2 medium red onion, slice it
Dressing:
1 1/2 tbs sour cream
1 1/2 tbs mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp white wine vinegar

Direction:
Wash beets gently, don't peel off the skin. Bring it to boil around 20-25 minutes until it gets tender.
When it tender enough, let it chill. Usually cook it in advance so that they chill enough.
Peel off its skin and cut into wedges.
Mix together beets, pickled cucumbers and sliced red onion.
Mix all the dressing ingredients.
Toss vegetables with dressing until combined.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP