Pecan Pie

>> September 24, 2010

Pecan pie is the most simple pie and also the most delicious pie I've ever had. I had it accidentally when my sister in law asked me what kind of dessert I like to buy in a store? I looked around and there are a lot of pies that I don't like ( I found that pie is quite boring dessert so I'm not a big fan of it) but I've never tasted pecan pie before so I told her that I want that pie. Since after, I just love it so much, so caramely, buttery and super duper sweet. Well that's the point of dessert right? :) The special ingredient is corn syrup; maple syrup; cane syrup or honey. If in Indonesia a lot of people said that cane sugar is bad and corn sugar is good for diet but in Canada is contrary. A lot of people in here said that cane sugar is way better than corn sugar which is fructose sugar. So don't get wrong people, CORN SUGAR is actually WORSE than  CANE SUGAR, not the other way around! In this recipe I used cane sugar syrup instead of corn syrup as a lot of recipes have suggested. The first time I made, I used half of honey and half of maple syrup. It ended up yummy but the honey seemed just stayed on the bottom and got so sticky. And because of maple syrup is so expensive so this time I'm making my pecan pie using cane sugar syrup which I found at Saveway. So happy to find that stuff thou...

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup of cane syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup pecan halves
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup of butter (melted)
1 pie crust

Direction:
Brush the pie crust with beaten egg white and bake it for 5 minutes in 190 degrees Celcius to get golden crust.
Beat the eggs lightly until combined.
Stir in cane syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla extract.
Stir well.
Stir in pecan halves and pour filling into crust.
Bake in 350 degrees F preheated oven for 45 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP