Tom Yum Goong (Thai Sour Clear Soup)

>> September 28, 2010

There are a lot of Tom Yum Goong recipes out there so I suggest that you pick one which is convenient for you. I made Tom Yum Goong based on the recipe in www.thaitable.com which I assumed that the author is originally from Thailand. There is one ingredient that I don't have. They call it Nam prig pow. So what I'm doing is I just looked it up the ingredients and just try to find it from scratch. In the website above says that nam prig pow is chili paste soy beans contain shallots, garlic, shrimp paste, dry chili pepper, salt, and sugar. Frequently there is also tamarind paste and dried shrimp. So what I did is I just add garlic, fresh chili peppers, salt, sugar, soy bean paste and shrimp paste. You can see in my recipe below:


Ingredients:
10 medium-big size shrimps
1/2 block of extra firm tofu, chopped into small chunk
3 cups water
2 cloves of garlic, bruised it
1 galangal, bruised it
1 lemongrass, bruised it
4 kaffir lime leaves
2 red Thai chilli peppers, finely chopped
1/2 lemon, squeezed it to obtain lemon juice
2 tbs fish sauce
1 tsp soy bean paste (I used the Korean brand)
1/2 tsp shrimp paste
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 stalk green onion, chopped into 1 cm long
5 springs cilantro/ coriander leaves, finely chopped













Direction:
Bring to boil shrimps with 3 cups of water. Add garlic, galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, red Thai chili peppers, lemon juice, fish sauce, shrimp paste, salt and sugar.
When it's boiled, add green onion and turn off the stove.
Sprinkle with cilantro when you serve it.

Serving 2 people






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP