Red Thai Chicken Curry

>> September 28, 2010

Let's travel to Thailand today! That was what I'm thinking yesterday when I decided  to make Tom Yam Goong soup and Red Thai Chicken Curry. I was curious to make Red Thai Curry since first I had it. First time I had it, it was good. It was at Thai restaurant call Sawatde. Then in a grocery store they have its sauce. Uhmm...make me eager to make it  from scratch. Looking around for the perfect recipe in the internet, I found two of them and both are quite different. The first one is from www.allrecipes.com (which I suspected that it must be Westernize Thai Food) and another one is from www.templeofthai.com (I assumed that the owner of this web must be Thai people). So I decided to combine both of the recipe and it ended up really good and spicy, which I love it so much! I have a few big chicken breasts which are not good quality so it's quite tricky to cook it. So what I'm doing is avoid to cook the whole chicken like make chicken cordon bleu, BBQ chicken and all that. Instead I always slice it, bake it and put in a food processor to yield coarsely or finely grind chicken breast. Or simply I just make chicken nugget with it. Anyway, here it is the recipe for red Thai chicken curry:


Ingredients:
1 big chicken breast, slice it thinly and bake it in a preheat oven 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes
1/2 medium zucchini, chopped into small chunk
200 ml coconut milk
1 cm galangal, bruised it
1 stalk lemongrass, fold and bruised it
2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
2 tbs tomato sauce
2 tbs fish sauce
1/4 tsp shrimp paste
3 tbs chili pepper powder
1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tbs vegetable oil











Direction:
Using a frying pan, saute garlic, galangal, lemongrass until fragrant. Add tomatoes and chicken, stir it for 1 minutes.
Add coconut milk, fish sauce, tomato sauce, shrimp paste, chili pepper powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder. Stir it gently.
Add zucchini and bring it to boil and let it until shimmer.

Serving 2 people

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP